||[Jul. 7th, 2007|08:01 pm]
Four Letter Words
|||||Sick Sick Sick- Queens of the Stone Age||]|
This week's word is dare.
1. to have the necessary courage or boldness for something; be bold enough: You wouldn't dare!
2. to have the boldness to try; venture; hazard.
3. to meet defiantly; face courageously.
4. to challenge or provoke (a person) into a demonstration of courage; defy: to dare a man to fight.How dare you speak to me like that? He dare not mention the subject again.
6. an act of daring or defiance; challenge.
Some Relevant Songs:
Dare You To Move- Switchfoot
I also highly recommend the movie Love Me If You Dare, not only because it is a brilliant film, but because it really explores the meaning of dares, from the literal sense, to the idea of daring to say something.
Daring to move.
Daring to love.
So, what wouldn't you ever dare do?
Ever played truth or dare?
What is it to be daring?